Flipping the Switch on Your Health
I have been asked over and over, “Dr. Dave Everyone else makes a Probiotic, why don’t You?”
Well the short answer is I simply did not believe in what was being sold and there was not enough HUMAN data to formulate one that I could stand behind and feel good about because it would work in most cases.
There were 3 huge problems with probiotics up until recently
- The one I just mentioned- there have been probiotics on the market for years but they were based on sketch science at best. Most of the data on the microbiome (the synergistic bacteria in your gut that help with all kinds of digestion) came from animal studies or specific overgrowth syndromes caused by over use/susceptibility to antibiotics. These are not really “real world’ situations. They are specific to hospitals and labs not to you and I!!! On top of that there was not world-wide data that encompassed differences in human gut bacteria based on diet and geographic location. All of that has become available very recently.
- Stomach acid will destroy 99% of living culture bacteria almost as soon as you take it. Organic material like helpful bacteria need far more protection than other supplements (which may actually need acid for absorption) to make it to where they can do the most good. We have solved that problem with a patented BIO-tract system that assures delivery into the intestine without succumbing to stomach acid.
- Probiotics do far better when they are supported by a prebiotic. Prebiotics are food for the healthy bacteria we introduce via our newest product PRO Life Ultra PB. It used to be you had to buy them and take them separately but with the inclusion of the prebiotic into the mix there is no hassle and no worry; you are feeding your gut right from the get go with no additional supplementation needed.
So now all of the problems with the initial problems solved it was time to look at formulating the next level of Probiotic, the one that really works!!!!!
But before I did that there were several questions to ask.
First as you know I am a doctor, a researcher, first and the owner of a small business second.
My USP- Unique Selling Proposition is my knowledge of Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine you know the big 4- Fish oil, Stem Cells, telomeres, and Mitochondria, and how they may be supported to improve both Life Span and Health Span.
Does a Probiotic “fit” in my overall concept of what is important for these things specifically?
You Bet it Does!!!
- Probiotics support health nutrition by facilitating absorption (yes that includes all those wonderful other Longevity Edge supplements you are taking)!
- Probiotics and Prebiotics improve intestinal motility which is especially important for colon health and may indirectly reduce the risk of cancer* For people with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, people who are cleansing, or have problems with gas this is an absolute MUST!
- Pro/Pre Biotics can help reduce constipation.
- A healthy gut is absolutely essential for a healthy immune system. The bacteria in the gut e.g. the microbiome is a primary defense mechanism for outside invaders as well as a primary presenter of antigens (things that your body would want to fight off). Imbalances in the populations of gut bacteria have been shown to change the ratios of immune response from “un inflamed to Inflamed” yet another source of inflammation that someone who is trying to resist the ravages of aging and time does not need!
- Gut bacteria health have a lot to do with weight management as well. Gut bacteria determine at least 20% of the amount of calories you ingest because they use what you eat as fuel and make Short Chain Fatty Acids (SFA) that supply calories from your food that may be less or IN EXCESS of what you actually ingested. This is why calorie counting is not always that accurate- it does not take into account this step! Its also why the “same number of calories” from high carb diets may make you fatter than the same amount from high fat or high protein ketogenic diets.
- Because of number 5 above gut bacteria are essential for health sugar metabolism- something to keep in mind as we face our diabetes epidemic. From the calorie aspect of number 5 you can also see the role in combatting the Obesity Epidemic and maintaining a healthy body weight
- SFA’s (again number 5) are baby food for the mitochondria. Sick mitochondria lose their ability to process the complex long chain fats they are usually supplied with. It is thought that many diseases of aging are either started or facilitated by mitochondrial dysfunction- including Cancer. Diabetes, Alzheimer’s Parkinson’s and Congestive Heart Failure** So, you can see why any self-respecting Anti-Aging Doc would want to try to not contribute to those diseases by supporting health metabolism.
Ok that is the all-important science in a nut shell.
That is what I took into consideration when I chose this product and what is in it!!!!
Frankly pretty much everyone already knows they need a Probiotic.
With Pro Life Ultra PB I finally have one I can feel good about taking every day, one that answers all the problems and issues that have kept me from making something like this “when everyone else was doing it”.
And I can feel good about it being the one YOU are taking too!!!!
The One and Only Original Dr. Dave
*and ** This product description does not imply insinuate or state that ANY Disease Especially Cancer and or Diabetes will be diagnosed prevented or otherwise affected!!!!