As one of the “original cast and crew” using TA-65, I get a lot of questions about how to specifically use the product.
Here is a breakdown with special attention paid to age at the time of starting TA-65:
- 250 units (1 capsule daily) is efficacious for healthy adults in their 40′s or 50′s. Also, 250 units can serve as a maintenance dose for older people who have been taking higher doses of TA-65 for several years and want to continue on a reduced cost program. Clients who took this dose were shown to have increased short telomere length and significantly improved immune system function. There are also anecdotal reports of increased endurance and other benefits.
- 500 units (2 capsules daily) has been proven to lengthen short telomeres, restore the immune system, and improve other important bio markers. Anecdotal reports included increased energy, endurance, vision improvements, sexual enhancement, and more. This medium strength dose is recommended for people who are generally in good health and want to be proactive in longevity and healthy aging. Many people in their 50′s or 60′s fall into this category. There have been anecdotal reports of hair regrowth and decreased/or reversal of grey hair. I can attest to the hair growth since just about every male and some of the women in my family are pretty much bald by the time they hit 50!
- 1000 units (4 capsules daily) This is considered the FULL DOSE and is recommended for clients who are:
- Over 55 years of age, or
- Are of any age and have measured their telomeres and found them to be short, or
- Have reason to believe that strengthening their immune system would have particular benefit.
- Are of any age with a major illness or risk factor such as diabetes, heart disease, strong family history of those or other diseases of aging such as Alzheimer’s. It is expected that this dose will give an increased benefit over the lower doses (although not a proportional benefit). Study subjects experienced lengthened telomeres, restoration of weak immune systems, bone density improvements and other important bio marker improvements which usually decline with age. Anecdotal reports include energy increase, endurance, cognitive improvements, improved vision, sexual enhancement, and an overall feeling of well being. I have personally been on this dose for 4 years now, as has my 87 year old mother.
It is expected that this dose will give an increased benefit over the lower doses (although not a proportional benefit). Study subjects experienced lengthened telomeres, restoration of weak immune systems, bone density improvements and other important bio marker improvements which usually decline with age. Anecdotal reports include energy increase, endurance, cognitive improvements, improved vision, sexual enhancement, and an overall feeling of well being.
Since telomere loss starts more or less as soon as you are conceived, some people have asked about starting their kids on it. I do not recommend that as there is no data. Similarly, if you are pregnant or nursing, I would not take TA-65 since there is no data on it during these times.
Of interest: Pregnant mothers who undergo stress during pregnancy DO PASS ON DECREASED TELEOMERE LENGTH to their offspring. Those kids may also experience accelerated telomere loss during their adult lives, suggesting that the intra uterine environment has a significant influence on how kids age!
At this point the youngest person I have on TA-65 is 26 but they have a documented Life Length Test that shows both a higher than average percentage of short telomeres equating to a biologic age some 13 years older, as well as a mean telomere length that is shorter than predicted. All told, this person may have a defective telomerase gene. This is not common and I only have one other person in their 20’s on TA-65.
A quick note about when to take TA-65. The standard recommendation is on an empty stomach in the morning. Sometimes you have to make adjustments though and take it in the evening. My overall recommendation is that TA-65 be taken when your stomach has been empty for a minimum of 30 minutes, regardless of the time of day.
Be aware of the “energizing” effect of TA-65, which can cause some problems for people sleeping if they take it too late at night.
I hope this helps all of you who are using the product to get the most out of it!
3 thoughts on “How to use a Telomerase Supplement”
Any opinions or advice as to how soon after nursing one can start back on TA-65?
Immediately after nursing is over.
I am 30. Is it useless for me to take TA 65?