You may have seen the bevy of Facebook posts on my Facebook page.
WE come by these posts honestly because there has been another bevy- the bevy of people asking what to do about their sleep problems. I’m not sure why (February is National Heart Month not National Sleep Month!) but it seems that perhaps the changes in daylight and the rapid advance of the New Year has added some stress into people’s lives.
So, here are a couple of recaps for sleep hygiene and better sleep:
- Start to wind down 30-60 minutes prior to sleep. A hot bath is great, a soothing novel or some mildly stimulating academic work. But avoid working out or engaging in stressful programming or IT activities in the pre sleep period.
- Set your thermostat down a degree at night. Cooler air fosters better sleep!
- Keep your bedroom for sleeping, not working, talking on your cell, social media etc.
- Meditate 30 minutes before bed
- Avoid food or alcohol 4 hours prior to sleep
- Try to get to sleep at about the same time and wake up at the same time every day, especially if you are having sleep issues.
- Naps of 30 minutes or less can be extremely helpful in shoring up your energy levels.
All of these things are extremely helpful but do require mindfulness to practice.
If you are in a pinch, or if you are having more chronic sleep issues try Sweet Sleep Z the non habit forming all-natural sleep aid. I designed it to get you to sleep fast (within 30-60 minutes) and help you get through normal sleep cycles by staying asleep!
Sleep is the world’s most ignored Anti-Aging Tool and Sweet Sleep Z is a big occupant of that tool box!